We all have toxic people in our lives. You know them, the ones that drain you or minimize you. They are the ones that deplete and sap your energy, so you have nothing left. Toxic people undermine and consume us – but only when we allow them to have power over us.
Life Coach and New York Times best-selling author Brendan Burchard has this to say about toxic people in our lives:
Toxic people will not be changed by the alchemy of your kindness. Be kind, but move on swiftly and let life be their educator.
We need to surround ourselves with people who lift us and support us. We need to surround ourselves with people who give us energy and not the people who take that energy away.
Here are five questions to ponder over the next few days. After you have thought about the answers to these questions, choose 1-3 actions you might take moving forward to help you deal with the toxic people in your lives.
1. Who energizes me in my life? How could I spend more time with them?
2. Who drains or minimizes me? How could I spend less time or spend time differently with them?
3. How do I allow people who drain me and deplete me?
4. How does it help me to remember that toxic people are in pain themselves?
5. What steps do I need to take with toxic people for my own esteem and peace of mind?
Need help answering any of these questions or what to get on the right path in dealing with the toxic people in your life? Check out my Life Coaching page for more information.